We started in Exuma & took a quick (45 min) hopper flight over to Nassau to stay 2 nights at Baha Mar Resorts. I absolutely loved our resort, after being on quiet Exuma, Nassau is definitely where you come for most of the action. I loved it so much, that we never even ventured off property. Everything was perfectly set up for you to enjoy everything on site without getting bored. There is a section on my instagram highlights here where you can see videos of entire trip!
Here is everything you need to know about our stay:
(Suit Pearl Street Swim)
Accommodations: Baha Mar Resorts
This Resort is brand new (as in built in the last 3 years) and there are three different areas on the property you can choose to stay at. The property is all connected, but it never felt overwhelming to me like Atlantis did (we have stayed there before, and I would never go back except for a day trip after this experience). You also have access to every single pool on the property, which I thought was amazing no matter what section you stayed at. There is a Casino on the ground floor. If I had to describe this place, I would say a mix of Vegas Cosmo feel with Miami/Nobu dining. Basically all my favorite things combined into one Resort. Needless to say, we will be back!
Here are your options at Baha Mar
1. Grand Hyatt Baha Mar– We stayed here, I felt like this was perfect & affordable for families. The rooms were all white & felt very luxury. I loved how low the beds were to the ground. The room came with your own iPad to show you the result property and let you choose activities for the kids or spa during your stay.
2. SLS Baha Mar– I would stay here without the kids, or even with older kids if you want luxury feel all around. Their lobby during Christmas was a beautiful site and their pool was my favorite. Every pool has a different menu, and SLS pool was the only one that had the EXOTIC fruit plate I was obsessed with. I probably had two a day :). They also serve a variety of popsicles for kids and adults, heaven!
3. Rosewood- We didn’t get a chance to really check this area out with so much to do in our lobbies. But their properties have direct beach access and I’m sure just as amazing as the others.
(Views from our room, Grand Hyatt. Dresses: little Choco Pink)
Amenities on the Property:
- The Pools: There are 6 pools! Yes, 6 very different pools. It was like you were at a different resort every hour, amazing. Our favorite pool for food menu was the SLS pool. For exploring/fun- Dean’s Blue Hole, you could jump off the rocks into the pool & there was an underwater aquarium where you went under caves. We stayed at the hot-tubs right by that area a lot too. It was the closet pool to the beach.
(Suit Montce)(Suit Minnow Swim)
- The Beach: Beautiful as usual and not crowded at all. Comfortable lounge chairs waiting for guest use, and there was a local Cabana boy that sold Coconuts for $15, and after you drank it he would provide an alcoholic drink in it complimentary! They had water-sports equipment you could use, but we never made it down there enough to do it.(Dress PinkChickenNY)
- The Sanctuary: This was an onsite interactive water area that grants guests access to feed the nurse sharks, stingrays and turtles! Kids 8+ older can participate, or enroll your child in the kids camp and they will take them there too! (I did this for Lainey and met her at the site & watched her feed the turtles & sharks!)
- The Food: Ahhh, I’m already dreaming of going back for the food. There were amazing food trucks on every
corner of the resort, from hot-dogs to tacos to snow-cones/ice-cream you name it. Then the restaurants on site, hands down as good as Nobu chain which is our favorite restaurant. We made reservations at Cleo & Katsuya both nights. So good, Katsuya was my favorite. We also had breakfast at Cafe Madeleine, Avocado toast + their cappuccinos were amazing. Again, no complaints on any food which is rare because my husband owns an Italian restaurant and is always the biggest critic!
(Suit Minnow- Mine: Montce)
(Get the exotic fruit plate)
- Service: Last but not least, the service at Baha Mar was 5 star!! I don’t think one single employee ever looked mad, or answered my question with any hesitation. Anything I asked for, they delivered happily. I felt like we were their number one propriety when there were so many other guests there too.
(two piece: Tiare Hawaii)
All & All, If you can’t tell from my review, this was an absolute new favorite resort of mine I am so glad we found. I plan to take many future family trips here. Thank you to the team at Baha Mar Resorts for being so amazing!
(Dress Ivy City Co, Discount: Becca10)