It’s been just shy of two weeks since I left the city of Miami with all my girlfriends celebrating my 30th, and I miss the energy (and heat) there! It is the perfect place to fly for a weekend trip with the family, girls weekend or bachelor/bachelorette! Below you’ll find everything you need to know to make it an amazing trip!
How to get there: You can fly into FLL or MIA airport. With traffic, both come out to almost the same drive time to South beach Miami. I always put google alert flights on for multiple airports and route options months prior to get the best deals. Flying from NC we ended up getting RT flights for $200!
When to visit: Miami is a place I would visit year round! The temperatures are ideal anytime 70-80s typically, but I would just try to avoid holidays, spring break, and ultra weekend music festival due to the crowds.
(Outfit by South moon under, picture kimpton surfcomber pool)
Where to stay: We stayed at both Kimpton sister properties during our time there, and both were amazing in their own ways. You know I love some Kimpton Hotels, here are some things to note about each. Since both of these properties are boutique hotels, its key to book early because they only have a select amount of rooms.
- Option 1: The Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel: If you prefer to be on the beach, this is the spot. It is located at the heart of SOBE and easy walking distance to all the action. They have an onsite pool that hosts some amazing pool parties & you can rent the side cabanas during the day. They also have an onsite restaurant called The Social Club where you can dine inside by the lobby or outside. I enjoyed their avocado toast one morning! They also offer fun Splash Cycle fitness classes & several other events you can find on their calendar here.
(From beach to pool, they provide chairs and towels)
- Option 2: The Kimpton Angler Hotel: I loved this hotel was located within blocks from the beach and around a fun area of SOBE. We immediately enjoyed bites at the Minnow bar upon arrival. I got the Charcuterie Board and the chef brought us out the lobster rolls to try too. The outside area has a boho chic vibe, I would sit out here the entire night if I could. Also their drinks were SO good! My favorite thing about this hotel was their ROOFTOP POOL! The rooms were so cute and the staff felt like family. They even brought me balloons for my birthday, who does that? Thank you to the Kimpton team, yall are amazing!
(rooftop pool at Kimpton Angler)
(Outdoor dining at Minnow bar)
(Pimento cheese dip & Charcuterie board)
*Where to eat: (besides the above hotels, we love to dine out in cities whenever traveling new places)Below are ones I have been to before and can vouch! But here is a complete list online too
- For Party/lively crowd (sparkles table kinda thing): Komodo, Baoli, Seaspice or Kikis on the river (sundays)
- For upscale dining: Nobu, Prime 112, Swan, STK
- For Brunch Spots: Malibu Farm at Eden Roc, Nikki’s Beach
(brunch at Kimpton Surfcomber, outfit by local shop Wallysposh)
(on the yacht we rented from yacht charters of miami, my suit is from kyaswim)
What to do:
- Book a Yacht for half the day or an entire day! We did this on a Saturday with Yacht Charters of Miami and we wish we had done an entire day! I also recommend booking these way in advance because the best companies get booked. The entire staff on yacht Charters of Miami were so sweet and organized from booking to finish. We went out on this yacht, but you can choose a variety on their site! You can also choose to do Jetskis as well, but we ended up just enjoying the boat and sightseeing Miami from that point of view.
- Explore South Beach and Art areas of Miami. There are so many cute areas we didn’t have time to check out, but everyone suggested.
- Shop! One of the local stores I loved and wore clothes from is Wallys Posh. Shop all their looks online!
(Luggage is Delsey, You can shop all my looks here from the trip!)Its always fun Miami! Until next time 🙂