This trip was one of my favorite ski trips, not because of the town, but because of the house we rented and group of people we went with! We wanted to catch some of Sundance Festival and also experience some epic slopes at the same time. It is safe to say we accomplished everything I wanted to do in Park City! Below is everything you need to know before booking a trip :).
How to get there:
You have to fly into Salt Lake City Airport, and then take a car about 45 minutes into park city.
(This was the view from our rental)
Where to Stay:
Book a house with Vacasa convenient to everything! To be near all the action stay close to main st downtown area. If you are looking to just hit the slopes, I would also stay near downtown for easy access to all the slopes or at a ski in ski out location. You can book our exact vacasa rental here, it checked everything off our list we were looking for! Here is everything I loved about this property!
- Location: This house was less than a mile to downtown Park City. We easily grabbed an uber anytime we wanted to head to main st. The views from the rental were also epic.
- Size: 5 bedroom, 5 bath, open floor concept. I loved that each room felt like a master bedroom! The house fit 8 adults with ample amount of space left.
- Amenities: This house had a fully equipped kitchen, we threw a super bowl mini party here and my husband cooked for everyone without missing any important equipment. There is an outside grill and everything is up to date. Besides the kitchen, the house is its own personal spa! There is a Sauna, Hot tub, and steam room all at the property so you really never need to leave! Plus there are two living rooms for lounging, a ping pong table and Foosball table.
- Service: The Vacasa team was so easy to work with and communication was seamless. The house had a lock key code for access and that was my favorite feature. We had a party of 8 people and no one had to worry about keys being passed around back and forth. The Vacasa team also had a basket of check in goodies waiting for us with more instructions for the property. The house was spotless and tons of extra towels by the washer/dryer!
- Here are some images of the property I pulled directly from the listing, it was beyond gorgeous!
What to do:
- Sundance Festival: Every year the Sundance Institute hosts the festival that usually runs from the last two weeknds in January. The first week is definitely the most popular, with movie stars flocking in from everywhere. We caught the tail end of the festival on the last weekend and no one seemed to be around anymore!
- Slopes: Details on all three main mountains you can ski from here at Park City Mountain. Keep in mind Deer Valley Mountain is exclusively for skiers. You can buy all your “Mountain Money” in advance to purchase lift tickets and passes from the site in advance too.
- Bob sledding: Home to the 2002 Olympic winter games, book your experience here at Olympic Park
- Spa days: Head to Waldorf Astoria to try their new cupping massage! The spa gives you access to all the amenities, enjoy the day at their two hot tubs, heated pool, steam room and sauna in between your appointment! We did a spa day here and ended it by dining on their property.
- Shop: Main street hosts all the stores, head to Gorsuch to get fitted for rentals or shop their Women’s & Men’s ski line to be the most fashionable on the slopes! Everything I wore all weekend was from Gorsuch, the team is amazing!
Where to eat:
- Breakfast: Five5eeds, Harvest
- Lunch: Riverhorse Provisions, The Farm, Burgers & Bourbon
- Dinner: Riverhorse on Main, Handle, Tupelo, 501 on Main
- Highlight dining experience: Book the “Frostoria Experience” at Waldorf Astoria where you enjoy dining in a heated “Igloo” by the pools!