Charleston was our first trip in over 6 months out of North Carolina since Covid hit! I was very hesitant at first to see what staying in a hotel would be like during a pandemic but the experience felt even safer than before with all the precautions in place. We actually flew over from Ocean Isle Beach NC with a few friends in a Saratoga plane. It was such a cool experience and only took 30 minutes! Otherwise I recommend driving if on the east coast, its just 3 hours from Wilmington NC, or flying into the Charleston Airport. If you’re traveling with the entire family, make sure to check out my last guide I did on Charleston here!
Here is my run down of things to do in a short weekend! As always, you can see the behind the scenes of our trip on the “Charleston” Highlight on my Instagram here!
Lets get straight to it, because you all know I am turning into a food blogger lately, and most of these places you need advanced reservations at least a few weeks before traveling!
WHERE TO EAT:
- Clerks Coffee Company
- The Daily
- Second State Coffee
- The Rise
- Black Tap
- Millers all day– the cinnamon roll here and waffles!
- The Darling Oyster Bar (Sundays only) -of course try the oysters! Bloody Marys are a staple.
- Dewberry (rooftop)
- Bourbon & Bubbles
- Hotel Bennett (rooftop) then pop in the Camellia Champagne Bar
- Thoroughbred Club (inside the Belmond)
- Felix Bar
- Halls Chop House
- Frannie & the Fox (inside Emeline Hotel)- Italian (get everything)
- Mesu (mexican/asian get the nachos!)
- only all the food in Charleston is amazing you really can’t go wrong.
WHAT TO DO:
- Rainbow Row: One of the most Iconic photo spots in Downtown Charleston. Explore the streets, take in all the colorful walls, and hit up all the cute shops.
- Bike Around- Hotel Emeline provides them complimentary if you are staying on the property, or you can rent nearby easily.
- Take a Horse Carriage ride around town!
- Visit all the Plantations/Museums (look into getting the Charleston VIP pass)
- Take a pedal boat tour!
- If traveling with children, visit the splash fountain in front of Harbour View Inn on a hot day.
- Go on a Sailing tour (we did this years ago and it was epic)
WHERE TO STAY: (now that I have you ready to go!)
- Hotel Emeline: The newest boutique hotel on the block in downtown Charleston. From the moment you walk into the hotel you can smell the aroma of Charleston (not kidding they even sell the scent at the gift shop). The hotel décor is so chic and very “instagramable”. The rooms have a vintage vibe and come with your own record player (say what!). We loved the fact the bikes were complimentary, the proximity to downtown, and the fact the best restaurants were on site! They also provide the cutest Mini Coopers (seen below) to stroll around the city too!
- DISCOUNT! For the month of October anyone that stays will get 20% through booking with my exact link! Don’t sleep on this, everyone needs a vacay right now!