One place that is worth the hype is Cabo San Lucas! We had never traveled to that side of Mexico and I am so glad we finally did. It is a short flight from California, but from the east coast it does take a connection and roughly 8 hour travel time depending where you are coming from. With the new announcements from the CDC for international travel during Covid I am providing below the latest up to date info!
Steps to Getting there:
The CDC just announced new guidelines for international travel, which you can read more here. I am happy to report most luxury accommodations are providing on site testing for Covid at the resort for your return travel to make it as smooth as possible if traveling with family or small children. This is from the CDC site for Mexico: “Before you travel, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip. Do not travel if you are waiting for test results, test positive, or are sick. Follow all entry requirements for your destination and provide any required or requested health information. Before traveling back to the United States, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before travel. Follow all destination and airline recommendations or requirements.”
Where to Stay:
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal – Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal offers guests access to COVID-19 testing through the resort’s medical partners which can be done onsite or at a partner medical facility. As guests have different needs and requirements, the resort’s Personal Concierge team can arrange for the appropriate test based on guest needs. The price of the test varies depending on timing and types of test required but currently an antigen (rapid) test is $158 USD with results expected within 24 hours. Details can be found on resort’s Health & Safety page. Additionally, the Los Cabos Tourism Board is working alongside the public and private sector to ensure all international travelers visiting Los Cabos are able to access and take the viral test ahead of their return to the USA. The Tourism Board is also working with the Los Cabos International Airport and several airlines to streamline this process and provide a pleasant travel experience to all tourists visiting the destination during this time.
- 5 star Luxury Resort: From the moment we arrived we were whisked away by their drivers into an epic welcoming to something I can only describe as what felt like the Amalfi coast in Mexico. I was blown away by the architecture of the hotel and the fact we were on the side of a cliff. The rooms all have infinity pools and a private little beach area. The chips & Guac + spicy margaritas were the best I’ve ever had in my life!
Here are some more bullet points straight from the resort I thought highlighted key things:
- Work From Paradise: Boasting residential-style accommodations such as Multibedroom Casitas, Villas and Private Pedregal Homes, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal offers the perfect ‘home away from home’ for travelers seeking to get away will staying connected to work and remote learning for an extended period of time. Featuring every amenity found in a luxury residence (including private plunge pools, expansive terraces, separate living and dining rooms, etc.), travelers can “work from paradise” or take advantage of the resort’s new weekly Spanish Baja Cultural Immersion program (sample schedule here), Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal makes it easy to relocate for a week-month with the Escape Longer package which also offers a week free for every month booked. Images of residential-style accommodations and property here.
- Private Passport to Pedregal — Private Jet Partnership: As privacy continues to be the new luxury in 2021, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is thrilled to partner with Schubach Aviation, a Southern California based private jet charter and aircraft management service, to offer an exclusive package that includes a roundtrip flight with Schubach Aviation into Cabo San Lucas’ International Airport (MMSL) from anywhere in the U.S., seven-night stay in a Two Bedroom Ocean View Villa, daily breakfast in-residence, and more. Rates starting from $25,896 USD++ taxes and service charge per stay. Images of jet and property here.
- Beyond The Beach: Curated Exploration Itineraries: Those looking to be outdoors in the fresh air can enjoy any one of the resort’s “Beyond the Beach: Curated Exploration” itineraries which include everything from swimming with whale sharks, 4×4 adventures to Baja’s best kept secret of Xanadu, snorkeling with sea lions in Baja’s Sea of Cortez, hailed as the finest UNESCO conservation effort, and beyond. Custom itineraries here and images here.
Where to eat:
- El Farralon: Located at the Waldorf Astoria Pedregal Los Cabos. This is one dining experience you don’t want to miss. The restaurant sits on the cliffs of the pacific ocean and the food is amazing.
- Cocina Del Mar– Located at Esperanza Resort. Another amazing cliff side dining experience that is layered seating up the cliff. We did the new moon dining experience which was a 3 course meal.
- Nobu Los Cabos- You can’t go wrong with any Nobu in my opinion. This is one of favorite luxury restaurant chains, the Nobu Los Cabos one did not disappoint and neither did the views at sunset!
- Malibu Farm– also located at the Nobu Hotel, best to brunch here! Get the frose drink!
- Flora Farms: This is a must before heading to the airport! It is a great brunch and lunch spot, they have a playground and ponds on site for the kids to run around as well. Loved stopping here!
What to do:
- Go on a Boat Tour: Pelican Cabo does private luxury sailing around the island
- Book multiple tours with Cabo Adventures here: The include swimming with whale sharks, Camel Safari rides, Outdoor ziplining, and luxury sailing tours.
- Explore the bars and shopping downtown: There were so many areas we wanted to check out including the Office, and bar scene but we had the kids!
- Relax on the beaches and pools: Cabo is one of those spots that is unsafe to go into the ocean from the beach due to the break of the waves and rocks.