We have been coming to Turks & Caicos since our honeymoon almost 9 years ago! We fell in love with the island then, and we fall more in love with it every time we visit. This trip made it our 6 time visiting the island, and third time for the kids. It is the perfect family luxury island vacation in my opinion, and we have been all around the world! You can see my first ever turks and caicos blog post here, and another one we did a few years ago here. I feel like this time we finally got to explore the other side of the island more, but already dying to go back!
Documents Required for Entry into Island:
1. A negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory (antigen and antibody tests will not be accepted). Anyone above the age of 10years+
2. Medical/Travel insurance that covers COVID-19 medical costs, full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance/medevac.
3. Completed a health screening questionnaire and Travel Authorization Form see link : TCI || Dashboard (turksandcaicostourism.com)
On the TCI Assured Portal a traveler may begin the application process 5 days prior to arrival in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Each applicant will be provided with a username and password to access the application so that it can be completed in multiple sessions. Once all of the required documents are uploaded, the application can be submitted for review. The information is then verified and a TCI Assured Travel Authorization sticker will be issued to the traveler.
Documents Required to return to the US:
1. A negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory (antigen and antibody tests will not be accepted). Anyone above the age of 2 years+ has to complete.
*All the resorts we stayed at have onsite covid testing you schedule your appointment upon arrival a day in advance before departing!
Where to stay:
Grace Bay Beach: We love this side of the beach if visiting the island for the first time. It was voted as #1 beach in the world in 2016 by TripAdvisor. The sand is white and the water is so calm and clear! There are no waves and it is the perfect place for young kids to play in the ocean.
- Seven Stars Grace Bay: This resort has several buildings and you can’t go wrong with any room, they all face the ocean. We stayed in a two bedroom ocean suite which included a full kitchen and walk out balcony. They have several pools onsite, coconuts to order, and complimentary yoga every morning. They also keep a water trampoline right out front of the hotel and complimentary non-motorized watersports.
- Point Grace Resort: This is a secluded quiet resort with poolside cottages that are one-two bedrooms with huge balconies and full kitchens. We enjoyed letting the kids nap in the rooms when we swam in the pools since it was in eye sight, it was very convenient for young kids!
- The Palms: Sister property to the Shore Club, they have a kids camp on site, one large ocean front pool, and beautiful location on grace bay beach.
Long Bay Beach:
- The Shore Club TC: On the other side of the island, this ocean area is a little windier but very shallow for a mile out. You will see kit surfers right outside your bedroom and jetskis are able to pull up right on shore. We had a one bedroom walk out room and felt like we were at our own private beach house. There is also a kids camp on site here, several restaurants, amazing spa, and adults only pool area.
What to do:
- Boat Tours: Island Vibes Tour
- Private Boat Excursion: Wake to Wake
- Horse Riding: Provo Ponies
- Flyboarding/Jetskis: TCI Flyboarding
Where to eat:
- Coco Bistro
- Grace’s Cottage (Point Grace Resort)
- Seven (Seven Stars Resort)
- Bay Bistro
- Sui Ren (Shore Club Resort)
- The Almond Tree (Shore Club Resort)