We went back to The Palm Beaches for our kids spring break last week and this was our second time to the area! This time, the weather was rainy, but we were still able to enjoy the hotel and plenty of indoor activities. Below are all my recommendations for the area!
How to get there:
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is the closest airport. The other options are to fly into FLL or Miami Airport which are between 45-60 minutes away.
- We flew from Wilmington NC and Avelo Airlines just started offering nonstop flights to West Palm & FLL!
Where to stay:
- EAU Palm Beach: Forbes 5-star resort in Manalapan FL. This resort screams luxury and Palm Beach! It was our second time staying on property and they have updated so much in the last two years around the resort. Below is everything we loved about the hotel:
- On site you can find a newly renovated kids camp with an entire teen area. The staff let me know you can also rent this space out for birthday parties. There is a gaming station, art drawing station, and 24 hour arcade area! Make sure to sign the kids up in advance before your stay as well!
- Two pools and hot tubs
- Ping pong table, and tennis court area
- Amazing restaurants on site
- Walk out balcony room options
- Spa on site
- Watersports on site, non-motorized and motorized.
- Direct beach access and cabanas for booking.
Family Activity Recommendations:
- Paddle & Snorkel – Complimentary watersport rentals are available to all guests, just inquire with the Our Pool & Beach team beforehand.
- Loggers Kids Club – Immersive experience that lets kids tap into their creativity featuring games, crafts, and other fun activities.
- April Resort Happenings – see more events and things to do
- Instagram/Facebook: @PalmBeachesFL @EauPalmBeach
Click HERE for more suggestions to get the most out of your trip to The Palm Beaches
What to do:
Explore Palm Beach Island: Steps from the ocean, Palm Beach Island is a town of dreams. Discover the romance of Worth Avenue’s enchanting “Vias” located off the main street where you’ll find one of a kind luxury boutiques and fabulous outdoor dining.
Most Instagrammable Spots:
- The Lake Trail – This 5.5 mile long trail runs alongside the western edge of Palm Beach, with a dramatic view of Downtown West Palm Beach and the mansions along the Lake Worth Lagoon.
- Worth Avenue Clock Tower – The clock sits right at the entrance of Worth Avenue. It is facing both the avenue and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean that lies beneath.
- Via Amore – Second only to Via Mizner in name recognition, Via Amore sports three entrances and a plethora of eye candy.
- Via Mizner – Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Via Mizner was once home to Addison Mizner, who designed the five‑story apartment that anchors the Via.
- Via Parigi – The closest via to Coconut Row, Via Parigi welcomes passersby with a lush archway that leads to a Mediterranean-inspired oasis.
- The Lake Trail Map
- Worth Avenue Directory & Map
- Full List of Vias
- Instagram/Facebook: @PalmBeachesFL
Experience The Square in West Palm Beach: At The Square, visitors can unleash their own creativity, while interacting with international and local artists through large-scale installations, murals, pop-up galleries and more.
- The Wishing Tree – Take a selfie with the new 32-feet-tall LED banyan tree pushing the boundaries of art and technology. Located in the heart of The Square.
- The Garden Shoppe – The Garden Shoppe is retail garden destination that offers locally grown produce, indoor & outdoor plants, herbs, and artwork.
- True Food Kitchen – This award-winning, seasonally-inspired restaurant features a variety of chef-driven dishes, hand-crafted cocktails, and natural refreshers including seasonal ingredients that are at their peak of freshness and flavor.
- Copper Blues – Copper Blues is a unique concept that has successfully combined three elements near and dear to their heart and soul: Beer, live music, and food!
Visit the Cox Science Center and Aquarium in West Palm Beach
- Serving Palm Beach County since 1961, the Cox Science Center revolves around a simple premise: science is exciting! There is an outdoor playground interactive area for the kids and a planetarium exhibit. We enjoyed learning about the planets and stars during the 30 minute show.
More Family-Friendly Activities in The Palm Beaches
- Visit Rapids Waterpark.
- Visit Lion Country Safari Drive thru Zoo!
- Take the kids to Shark Wake Park!
Where to eat:
- Polpo– Located at EAU Palm Beach Resort:
Experience the tastes of Southern Italy at Polpo Palm Beach, the second outpost of the legendary Greenwich, Connecticut restaurant. Enjoy upscale fare inspired by regional dishes, an Italian-influenced wine selection, handcrafted cocktails, and classic aperitifs and digestives. Dine inside or outside, within sight of the ocean and their terrace firepit.
- City Cellar Wine & Bar:
Executive Chef Rolando Anoceto leads the kitchen with his contemporary outlook on favored classics including dry-aged steaks, fish from the grill, hearth-baked pizzas and fresh pastas. House-cured charcuterie, cheese boards, artisanal breads, and desserts are all made in-house daily in City Cellar’s scratch kitchen.