The Shopbop Spring sale just went live for the public and lasts until this Saturday! Since bathing suit season is right around the corner and you know that is all my family basically lives in when we travel, I wanted to share my top pics and styles you have seen me wear constantly! Shop all the swimwear on sale here and see below for favorite brands!
Here is the breakdown on the sale:
Starts: Monday 3/2 7:18AM Eastern Time (New York) Zone.
Ends: Saturday 3/9 4:00AM Eastern Time (New York) Zone.
Up to 25% off full-price styles with code SPRING
15% off orders of $200+
20% off orders of $500+
25% off orders of $800+
Happy shopping <3
Brand Spotlight: All the Vitamin A swimwear in various colors here!
Brand Spotlight: Shop all the L*Space styles. Rebel Bikini top & Portia Stripe Bottoms pictured here!
Brand Spotlight: Shop All the Montce Styles here!
Brand Spotlight: Shop all the Melissa Odabash styles here!
Brand Spotlight: Shop all the Tori Praver Swim here!
Brand Spotlight: Faithful the Brand: Shop all my favorite swim & dresses from them here!
Beach Bag Accessories: Shop them here!
Hope this helps you ease into your summer planning 🙂
(this was the before! Scroll for all the pictures after the makeover!)
We styled our downstairs Suite room at the beach house over the last couple months with The Home Depot & I am so excited to share the before and after results! Everything you see in this room was shipped directly from The Home Depot & styled by one of our favorite designers Upstaged Wilmington. I wanted something cozy & bright with a more updated feel. See below for all the updates with links to the specific products to easily shop!
I used the Hook Strap Black Rolling Barn Door Hardware Kit in 5 inch wheel from The Home Depot and had a local contractor create a chevron barn door to give the room a southern beach feel. I have always wanted to have a barn door in my house and I was so excited The Home Depot’s hardware was so easy to install with my vision.
The entire bed is so cozy. We have had several guests come stay at the beach house and mention that this is the most comfortable bed they have ever slept in! I layered the bed with StyleWell Down Feather Blend White Comforter and the Home Decorators Collections Quilted Gel Memory Foam Matress Topper from Home Depot. The pillows are Stylewell every position allergy relief king pillows! The bed frame is Home Decorators Collection Hillcott Charcoal Gray upholstered king bed from The Home Depot, I love the dark grey tones it brings to the room.
I fell in love with these South Shore Lionel 2-Drawer Seaside Pine Nightstands on their site. It’s the perfect balance of white and grey distressed for that new trend. It compliments the bed frame so well. You can also shop this Safavieh Passion Turquoise/Ivory rug pictured here, we chose the 8ft x 11ft area rug.
This BrandtWorks Weathered Gray Full Length Floor Mirror is perfect for getting ready at any time of day. The grey tone blended so well with my theme. Also you can shop the South Shore Lionel 6-Drawer Seaside Pine Chest that matches the nightstands.
I also bought these additional Amerock Carrione Marble White Drawer Pulls I plan to switch out in the future on the dressers & Nightstands for a pop of white! The Home Depot has so many options for hardware choices to be creative!
I’ve always loved beds that had a bench at the end of it for taking off your shoes easily, and the Home Decorators Collection Ivory Bench is so well put together. I love the cream shade!
For organization I put this Liberty Graywash and Satin Nickel Hook Rack on the right side wall for guests to easily hang their bags, towels after being on the beach! I also have been using this Natural Jute Decorative Storage basket by LR Resources to store things in the closet.
My sister (Frances) and new brother-in-law (Brandon) had the perfect set up for their California wedding at the Rincon Beach Club in Carpinteria a month ago! ! From my own kids walking down the aisle as ring bearer & flower girl to the groom being the DJ at the reception, everything was so magical! We partnered with Jenny Yoo for my maid of honor dress & to feature my daughter’s flower girl dress. Scroll below to see all the images & also the details of the wedding! You can also see videos on my Instagram stories here.
Huge shout out to their photographer I Heart My Groom for capturing all these images!
(Shop Lainey’s flower girl dress here)
Favorite Moment: The highlight of our reception was when the groom started his DJ set and got the party started! The excitement and celebration in the room created an incredible energy on the dance floor, and you could tell how much fun everyone was having. Towards the end of his set, he played the bride’s favorite song then joined her on the dance floor.
(Matching Robes: Plum Pretty Sugar)
All the Details:
Make Up and Hair – LunaBella http://
Hair Accessories – Ancora Boutique https://www.etsy.com/
Florist – Grass Roots http://grassrootssb.com/
Wedding Venue – Rincon Beach Club http://eventsbyrincon.
Wedding Planner – Carol Borowitz at Events by Rincon
If I could go back to my 16 year old self, I would tell her to stop going to tanning beds & lather up on the SPF girlfriend! We travel so much with the kids, I want them to know how to keep their skin protected daily. Today unofficially kicks off Skin Cancer awareness month & I have partnered with one of our favorite SPF swim Brands Cabana Life to share the important message! We love their entire family line & how the swimwear is 50+ UV Protection.
See below for what we are doing & how you can help!
(Cabana Life Uni Suit featured here and above two different patterns)
- Check this video out here about : https://www.youtube.
(Romans swim trunks here)
- 1/5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- Even one blistering sunburn during childhood or adolescence can nearly double a person’s chance of developing melanoma.
- More people are diagnosed with skin cancer each year in the U.S. than all other cancers combined.
- Clothing is your first defense against the sun. UPF 50+ is the highest rating available for fabric!
- Anywhere your skin is covered with UPF 50+ fabric, you don’t have to apply sunscreen as the fabric blocks 98% of UVA & UVB rays
Thank you Cabana Life for being such an awesome brand to partner with & spread the message of skin cancer awareness!
I was born & raised in North Carolina. I went to school in North Carolina (except for a semester in Hawaii), and I now live in North Carolina with my family! When it comes to traveling around the state, I find myself doing the same things I am so use to and grew up to know. I wanted to break out of the ordinary and start traveling my own state like I do other cities. These next couple months I am so excited to do several “Stay-Cations” in North Carolina and see some sides of these towns I haven’t before! We have some upcoming trips to the mountains (Blowing Rock & Asheville) over these winter months so keep an eye out for those travel guides.
In NC, fall/Winter blend together for the most part. I wanted to show you my basic travel packing list for the kids when going on short one night stays in the area!
Here’s whats in their suitcase:
- Jackets: These Merrimane Jackets have been a life saver, not too hot, not too cold, perfect over the clothes jacket that’s so soft. It also has a chic look too it, so we rock these jackets to church too :). * Fun Giveaway happening on my Instagram page, head over there for a chance to win a Merrimane Jacket!
- Basic Tees/Leggings: My go to is H&M/ Carters for basic black/white tees for layering
- Pajamas: Babybreez– I always try to put the kids in jammies when traveling for comfort.
- Toboggans: Loving Love your Melon kid line right now!
- Shoes: Uggs- so easy & Warm, I think im going to get black for both of them for christmas.
- Essentials: Babybum products, from lotion to shampoo!
- Packing Cubes: These making packing so much easier, got them on amazon here!
Below are some stays we recently did and Holiday events going on around the Triangle this month (Raleigh/Durham). You can see my first Christmas post on events around NC here.
Winston Salem, NC
Where we stayed: The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel
- Proximity: We chose this hotel due to its convenience to downtown and tons of restaurants within walking distance.
- Kid Friendly: If you saw my stories on my Instagram, they didn’t do it justice. This hotel comes with a complete underground basement with a basketball court, Bowling Alley, Slide, ping pong tables, and so on. Anyone from kids to adults could spend hours in this area having a blast.
- Pet Friendly: This hotel allows dogs. Its rare that I am at a nice hotel that also allows pets, so bring your fur babies!
- Rooms: We stayed in a large king room, the showers were amazing with kids- double sided no fights!
- Buffet Breakfast: Starts at 8am, I would have preferred earlier because my kids are early birds but nonetheless it was delicious and easy!
Where we Stayed: Hilton North Hills
- Amenities: Their Indoor Pool & Whirlpool was the hit of our stay with the kids. I love when a hotel has a pool indoors because you can keep the kids entertained no matter what time of year it is! The place was huge and stocked with towels.
- Restaurant on site: Their new restaurant 88 Oaks was an easy choice for dinner & Breakfast.
- Service: Everything was perfect from check in to check out, to getting us anything we needed quickly.
- Rooms: We had a king bed room and the bed was very comfortable, I usually toss and turn not sleeping in my own bed and didn’t wake up at all here. The bed felt like a cloud.
- Proximity: This location is within a mile from North Hills shopping, and we happened to stay the night of the Tree Lighting at North Hills! A lot of fun action happening around this area for kids to be entertained.
We went to the Christmas parade in downtown Raleigh yesterday and then scooted over to the North Hills Hilton! There seemed to be a ton of events going on. A tree lighting at North Hills Shopping center with a ton of vendors/events going on, and at the same time they had one in Lafayette Village we didn’t get a chance to check out.
The Kids are wearing their Merrimane Jackets in these pictures I mentioned above- giveaway happening on my instagram page!
Upcoming Events I am excited to check out and share with you, check them out if you’re in the area!
- Santa at Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock NC
- Tweetsie Christmas- Blowing Rock, NC
- Umstead Tea with Santa
- Pullen Park Holiday Express
- 12 days of Shristmas at Carolina Inn
- Polar Express
- Museum of Natural Science, Durham NC
Ever since Lainey turned two she started coming into our room at night. She constantly told us when she turned “4” she no longer would need us and would sleep in “Bunk Beds” if we got them (bittersweet) :). So ofcourse I couldn’t wait for her “4th” birthday to come around and surprise her with bunk beds + more sleep for mama! I had been eyeing these stress free bed sheets from Beddys Beds and I immediately started researching all about them! They Zip Up, hassle free, and it comes with a comforter and the softest bed sheets inside for your little one to feel like they are snug & secure in their own little sleeping bag! It’s genius, and I cant believe I just learned about them. I don’t know of any other bed sheets that zip up on the side like this. You can read more about them here too.
Below are some images of the beddy’s sheets on the bed: We chose the color: “Oh So Boho” because I loved the linen and the neutral look went with our house.
(Cozy Mink Interior)
(Easy Pull Zipper Tabs)
(Comfort Panels- Extending out to cover Zipper and offer extended coverage)
(Quilted: 100% Cotton Material; all around so looks like a quilt nicely tucked in)
I have always wanted to throw a beach party for Lainey since she has an August birthday and most of our friends live at the beach! This year worked out perfectly to do that on Labor day weekend! I thought it would be fun to treat it like a mini “bachelorette” and get matching suits for all the girls! We also told everyone to BYOF (bring your own float) and we floated outside by the dock the entire day. Lainey’s favorite thing about the party was the Pelican Sno Balls we had unlimited, as was mine (it turned out genius to make alcohol drinks with the shaved ice too 🙂 )
Below are the vendors we used, and several images from the party.
*If you’re in Wrightsville/Wilmington area and are throwing any type of party, make sure to contact these vendors below! Everyone was phenomenal, on time and very responsive.
- Photographer: Visuals By Helen
Helen came for about an hour and got all the photos I needed easily! She even sent me 3 sneak peak ones that evening, super fast and loved all the images she got!
- Moana 2-layered Cake- One Belle Bakery
I told them my vision, sent a few sample inspiration photos, and boom, they delivered an awesome cake that tasted just as good as it looked!
- Mermaid- FairyTales and Dreams by the Sea
We booked for one hour, and felt like it was the perfect amount of time for her to interact with our small crowd of 8 kids! They loved her reading to them during “Story time” and she danced and stayed right by the birthday girl! It was the perfect something “Extra special” birthday treat I am glad I booked for all the kids.
- Pelican Sno Balls station: We booked the starter package and I felt like we had more than enough extra shaved ice left, we invited all the neighbors over to even have some!
- Personalized Swim Suits & Tumblers: Etsy: Parkerryandesigns
One of our good friends Andrea has been running this etsy shop for awhile and I casually mentioned I was looking for personalized swim suits, and what do you know, she said she could easily make them! She is one talented girl, if you need something personalized (from clothes to cups) shoot her a message on etsy!
- Water trampoline/Slide O-zone Water bouncer: Rave Sports
We have been loving this all summer, but I got this Water Bouncer specifically for lainey’s birthday bash! The kids and toddlers loved it! You can see why we love it on this post I did awhile back here.
- Letter Board: Felt Like Sharing
I love the pop of color their letter boards add to any event and photo!
- Hair: I had my hair styled in braids by Set Blow Out Bar
I always go by here when I am in wilmington to get a blowout, so figured I’d get a braid style for the party too. Lainey was supposed to come, but she was already enjoying the festivities when it was time for our appointment so I went solo :). They do Mommy and Me styles too!
- Balloons- I ordered all from amazon
We are only halfway into the summer and we have been loving this summers round up of toys! You cant go wrong with any of these purchases below when at the beach or lake with the kids to keep them busy.
1. Rave Sports Water Trampoline:
This was the best purchase I have made to date for the kids. We saw it on someone’s dock during memorial day, and I could not for the life of me find a company that rented these. Luckily a few google searches later and this bad boy came up on Rave Sports site! There are so many options for water trampolines, but I went with this one specifically since it was designed for smaller children. They can bounce on the trampoline, climb up the side themselves and go down the slide all.day.long! The shipment came fast and it was easily inflated. Once you are done using it, just deflate for easy storage! You can find them on instagram here as well.
*The kids Water wings are from Otterwings, you can use code BECCA15 at checkout!
2. Isla Bikes: We switched to this balance bike (the Rothan) for Roman and this bike (the Cnoc) without training wheels for Lainey this summer and it couldn’t have been a better decision! I was very nervous about both, since they were loving the training wheels, but Ive already seen so much improvement on their balance since using these! Roman loves just walking on his own on the balance bike and Lain loves me holding her waist while learns to balance without the wheels. My favorite thing about the Cnoc bike, is they personalize your childs name on the side, genius! You can find them on instagram here.
Talk about practicing balance for little ones, my kids are obsessed with these boards from kindfeets! If you have little surfers, or ones you want to get into boarding, highly recommend. Besides Balance, mine use the kinderboards to roll cars down the side and make little tunnels for toys. It is definitely a multi functional toy that builds the imagination, and an easy thing to store at the house! We also are loving this cargo trike they make, perfect for strolling around other toys in the house :). Find them on instagram here.
4. Play Wheels:
They make fun character themed products for kids! We have both of these skateboards here and the kids have been loving scooting around while working on their balance. Find them on instagram here.
5. Pulse Safe Start Scooters:
Ever wanted your little toddler to be able to just press a button on the scooter and go? Well here you have it! These electric scooters are perfect for the kids that cant master a real scooter yet. We have the PJ mask one, and we charge it every night for the next day! Find them on instagram here.
6. Nutcase Helmets:
To keep your little ones head safe, I am loving these helmets from nutcase for all the above toys! I love how the kids are excited to put them on because of their bright designs and their easy under chin clip. Find them on instagram here.
Continued from last weeks post on our favorite beach essentials, I wanted to include other necessities we are loving in and out of the water during the summer!
1. Vestal Watches
Obsessed with these tide watches! My husband started wearing these over a year ago since he is on the boat a lot and he is able to track the tides of up to 200 local beaches. If you haven’t found a gift yet for that beach lover, this is a winner! I have the surf watch, and I love that I never have to take it off (waterproof) for the win.
You can use code BECCA30 at checkout!
2. Freestyle Watches- My kids are loving their shark leash children’s line! Once they see us wearing something, they usually want it. This watch was the perfect solution for them to have on at all times on the beach or pool and think they can tell time 🙂 They come in so many bright colors and adjusts to my two year old’s wrist!
3. Otter Wings
Does anyone else’s child get mad when you take off their water wings or try to put them on? What about when they slip off in the water? Otter wings came up with a simple solution, removable clip water wings to an SPF shirt! genius. I love their simple coloring! They just restocked the line for the summer, so head over there to grab some!
4. Hats & Beach Bags, Sandals:
– Hatattack match your mini with hats like below and loving this beach bag from them, seen in all my pics!
–Love this hat from Ofonesea! Romans wearing below!
-These Sandals I am living in, from Beek
5. Babybum Sunscreen! Loving this entire line right now 🙂