I was born & raised in North Carolina. I went to school in North Carolina (except for a semester in Hawaii), and I now live in North Carolina with my family! When it comes to traveling around the state, I find myself doing the same things I am so use to and grew up to know. I wanted to break out of the ordinary and start traveling my own state like I do other cities. These next couple months I am so excited to do several “Stay-Cations” in North Carolina and see some sides of these towns I haven’t before! We have some upcoming trips to the mountains (Blowing Rock & Asheville) over these winter months so keep an eye out for those travel guides.
In NC, fall/Winter blend together for the most part. I wanted to show you my basic travel packing list for the kids when going on short one night stays in the area!
Here’s whats in their suitcase:
- Jackets: These Merrimane Jackets have been a life saver, not too hot, not too cold, perfect over the clothes jacket that’s so soft. It also has a chic look too it, so we rock these jackets to church too :). * Fun Giveaway happening on my Instagram page, head over there for a chance to win a Merrimane Jacket!
- Basic Tees/Leggings: My go to is H&M/ Carters for basic black/white tees for layering
- Pajamas: Babybreez– I always try to put the kids in jammies when traveling for comfort.
- Toboggans: Loving Love your Melon kid line right now!
- Shoes: Uggs- so easy & Warm, I think im going to get black for both of them for christmas.
- Essentials: Babybum products, from lotion to shampoo!
- Packing Cubes: These making packing so much easier, got them on amazon here!
Below are some stays we recently did and Holiday events going on around the Triangle this month (Raleigh/Durham). You can see my first Christmas post on events around NC here.
Winston Salem, NC
Where we stayed: The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel
- Proximity: We chose this hotel due to its convenience to downtown and tons of restaurants within walking distance.
- Kid Friendly: If you saw my stories on my Instagram, they didn’t do it justice. This hotel comes with a complete underground basement with a basketball court, Bowling Alley, Slide, ping pong tables, and so on. Anyone from kids to adults could spend hours in this area having a blast.
- Pet Friendly: This hotel allows dogs. Its rare that I am at a nice hotel that also allows pets, so bring your fur babies!
- Rooms: We stayed in a large king room, the showers were amazing with kids- double sided no fights!
- Buffet Breakfast: Starts at 8am, I would have preferred earlier because my kids are early birds but nonetheless it was delicious and easy!
Where we Stayed: Hilton North Hills
- Amenities: Their Indoor Pool & Whirlpool was the hit of our stay with the kids. I love when a hotel has a pool indoors because you can keep the kids entertained no matter what time of year it is! The place was huge and stocked with towels.
- Restaurant on site: Their new restaurant 88 Oaks was an easy choice for dinner & Breakfast.
- Service: Everything was perfect from check in to check out, to getting us anything we needed quickly.
- Rooms: We had a king bed room and the bed was very comfortable, I usually toss and turn not sleeping in my own bed and didn’t wake up at all here. The bed felt like a cloud.
- Proximity: This location is within a mile from North Hills shopping, and we happened to stay the night of the Tree Lighting at North Hills! A lot of fun action happening around this area for kids to be entertained.
We went to the Christmas parade in downtown Raleigh yesterday and then scooted over to the North Hills Hilton! There seemed to be a ton of events going on. A tree lighting at North Hills Shopping center with a ton of vendors/events going on, and at the same time they had one in Lafayette Village we didn’t get a chance to check out.
The Kids are wearing their Merrimane Jackets in these pictures I mentioned above- giveaway happening on my instagram page!
Upcoming Events I am excited to check out and share with you, check them out if you’re in the area!
- Santa at Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock NC
- Tweetsie Christmas- Blowing Rock, NC
- Umstead Tea with Santa
- Pullen Park Holiday Express
- 12 days of Shristmas at Carolina Inn
- Polar Express
- Museum of Natural Science, Durham NC