We just got back from Orlando, or should I say Disney World, and man am I beat! Doing Disney World with toddlers in a weekend trip is exhausting! Lainey is at a great age (5) but Roman is still in that terrible toddler age (3) where a lot of meltdowns occur very often. I was thankful for the days we spent at the resort more than the days at the parks this trip. I do have a few tips and tricks I’ve learned over the years with toddlers I will share below, and you can read my last blog post on Disney with toddlers here! You can also see all the behind the scenes videos on my Instagram story highlights here.
Where we stayed: The Hilton Orlando (conveniently located 15 minutes or less from all the attractions, and 15 minutes from the airport!) Here are several tips on the resorts site to help you enjoy your stay.
- My first tip is where to stay when doing Disney with kids. I was pleasantly surprised how close this resort was too everything without being overcrowded by the holiday rush for Mickeys Halloween Party (which we did our last night). Transportation can be arranged ahead of time with your concierge.
- Book a resort with a water park & outdoor activities for downtime between parks. The Hilton Orlando has two huge pools, a lazy river, splash pad, slide, and outdoor sports areas all over the property! It felt more like a tropical vacation when we relaxed at the resort.
- Plan your days and fast passes as far in advance as possible. This is key with toddlers that have very little patience for rides and meals. We filled up every morning at The Hilton Orlando’s daily breakfast buffet at The Bistro. The service and food was amazing! You can do 3 fast passes per day per ticket. I like to plan ours first thing in the morning to knock out all the key rides before lunch! Make sure to mention rider switch if one child isn’t tall enough to ride! Always go back to the resort to nap :).
- Bring a Stroller and tie balloons to it as soon as your in the park to easily spot yours! We easily rolled the stroller back into our hotel room each night.
- Tips specifically for Mickeys Halloween Party: Arrive to the park early (they let you in as soon as 4pm day of). Try to go mid week for less of a crowd. Dress up! Bring your own trick-or-treat bags! Hit up the rides when everyone is grabbing candy, there are no fast passes during this time so barely any waits! If you are visiting other parks, The Hilton Orlando has packages that include Universal Orlando & 4th night free! (Harry Potter was my favorite during Halloween)
- Get the specialty drinks at the bar, from milkshakes for the kids to patron in a mini bottle, The Hilton Orlando pool bar had the best selections!
- All and all we really enjoyed our convenient location & hospitality at The Hilton Orlando! It was the perfect quick weekend trip to get the Disney bug out of our system 🙂 Thank you so much to the Hilton team for having us!