We have come to Malibu California many times but this is the first time we stayed at a hotel for the weekend and we absolutely loved the entire set up! The weather was mid 60s in January and we enjoyed being able to be out on the beach for a day. Here is my weekend run down to enjoy Malibu with the Fam!
Where to Stay:
Malibu Beach Inn: Ocean front hotel located right off the PCH in the heart of Malibu. This is one of the best locations if you plan to explore all Malibu has to offer. The hotel is part of the leading hotels of the world club & also a Virtuoso property (which has amazing perks!). Here is everything we enjoyed about the hotel:
- Ocean front rooms! Each room has a balcony over looking the pacific ocean. It was very relaxing to wake up and open the doors to the sound of the ocean! The rooms also felt like you were more in a guest house versus a hotel room with the high ceiling beams and fireplace. It was so cute. Also all the amenities in the room were top notch, even the toilets were heated!
- Daily beach yoga offered! Confirm the night before with your concierage for a session from 8am-9am.
- The beach- daily lounge chairs are put out with towels for easy use. They have a huge supply of kid beach toys too!
- Carbon Beach Club: Their onsite dining, we enjoyed eating here for breakfast one morning! So many healthy options. The inside bar seemed like a local hang out nightly, with a great vibe.
- Onsite spa
What to do:
- Malibu Wines: We have booked a safari tour many times and always love it! You can visit Stanley the Giraffe to feed him food, stop for wine pairings, and see all the animals on the property. Make sure to sign up for the malibu wine hike tour if you have kids. If you are 21 or older you can sign up for malibu wine safari tour instead here.
- Malibu Cafe: This is a great spot also on the property to have lunch or a fun dinner with the family. They have life size chess, ping pong, corn-hole, and live music! It’s a huge area where kids can run around free while you enjoy a drink too :).
- Ride horses through the Malibu mountains: We did this two years ago and it was one of my favorite experiences. Children can ride if 6+years.
- Visit Malibu Beach Pier: (within walking distance from Malibu Beach Inn if you stay here). Cute restaurants and fun to walk the pier with kids.
Where to Dine: (all ocean front views)
- Carbon Beach Club- Mentioned earlier, enjoy breakfast/lunch/dinner here at Malibu Beach Inn.
- Nobu: This is one of our all time favorite spots, amazing sushi and food. Make reservations 30+days in advance!
- Malibu Beach Cafe
- Dukes Malibu
- Malibu Farm or Malibu Farm Cafe (both located on the pier)
We love you Malibu! <3