We went on a last minute trip for my best friends Courtney’s birthday and we chose the Bahamas since it is a short flight from the east coast! We also have been to both of these islands we visited so it was super easy to pull it together quickly (you can see previous blog post on Nassau here and Exuma here)! Traveling requirements for entry to the Bahamas can be found here. You will need to fill out the travel application form the week of travel, include Covid Testing results or Vaccine card details. To get back to the US the hotel does onsite testing the day before!
Our trip Itinerary: We flew directly into Nassau Airport
Where we stayed: Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
What we loved about the Hotel:.
- Amenities: The property is huge and you have access to all 7 pools! They are all so different, adults vibes, family friendly, and aquarium/cave pools. Also Baha Bay Oceanfront waterpark is opening July 2nd weekend! They have a lazy river, wave rider, and tons of water slides for all ages. You can read all the resort has to offer here.
- The Rooms: Are so chic and nice, we stayed in a king room ocean front with balcony!
- The Casino: The bottom floor reminded me of vegas/miami feel and it kept the guys entertained!
- The Restaurants: The food here is so good! I think thats a reason we keep coming back. Our favorites were Katsuya, Carna, and Cleo!
- Kids Camp: There is an interactive kids camp on site and a program to feed turtles, nurse sharks, and sting rays!
We then took a hopper flight with Bahamas Air over to Exuma to round the trip out!
Where we stayed: Grand Isle Resort
What we loved about the hotel:
- Luxury villas: 1-3 bedroom villas and penthouse suites! All the accomodations are well taken care of and within minute walks to the ocean. Each Villa comes with its own personal golfcart!
- Adults only area: 23 North Beach Club was opened in the last few years and is a brand new adults only addition to the resort!
- Golf Course: Designed by Greg Norman, right on the water.
- Secluded areas: Every time we come to this resort we seem to have the whole beach to ourselves. Exuma is still developing but I love visiting here because it feels untouched!
Excursions we did:
We lucked out and found Coastline Excursions Exuma last minute and chose to do the Moriah Harbour Cay full day tour! It was the best day on the water, we saw stingrays, turtles, and floated around islands all day!
What I packed:
Everything I wore on the trip is from Shopbop and all swimsuits were from our line LainSnow!