Thank you to Rodan + Fields for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My entire life I have had pretty normal to dry skin with very few breakouts. About 7 years ago, shortly after I gave birth to my daughter I noticed intense skin discoloration all over my face! I started noticing even more skin dislocation and dark spots when I would go into the sun. I decided to google ways to help address and diminish dark spots and discoloration and across someone mentioning the Rodan + Fields REVERSE Regimen and how it helps to address these skin concerns.
When I researched other results using this line, I thought it was key to provide you with clinical results* they shared.
- 73% noticed instantly brighter skin
After 2 Weeks:
- 84% noticed softer, smoother-feeling skin
After 4 Weeks:
- 70% noticed skin looked more radiant/luminous
After 8 Weeks:
- 85% had less visible dark/brown spots
- 73% noticed clearer, more translucent-looking skin
- 97% had more moisturized skin
- 82% noticed healthier-looking and feeling skin
- 70% said skin has a healthy glow
These two pictures were when my dark spots were at their worst right after giving birth to both my kids!
The REVERSE Regimen and REVERSE Targeted Dark Spot Corrector were recommended to me as a skincare system, which I started and saw results immediately. It helped visibly improve my face overall!
I also love that the process has a 60-day back guarantee on all products. This felt like the best way to ease into a new skincare routine and then decide if you liked it or not. For me I was able to start seeing results in my dark spots over the first few months. I would wake up and do the Regimen and add in the dark spot corrector in my night time skincare routine. I also feel like this system finally got me into a consistent routine with skincare. Before I started using Rodan + Fields I always felt lost and mixing way too many brands together in my skincare routine. I love how simple the routine is, and the key ingredients, like 10% stabilized Vitamin C and Retinal-MD Technology in the Tone Correcting Treatment. I think it is key to have retinal and Vitamin C in any regimen.
Here is my step-by-step skincare routine with the REVERSE Line:
(Make sure to slowly ease the Regimen into your skincare routine. Start with usage every 2 days for the first week. Then, switch to every other day for another week before moving into daily use. Use the REVERSE Regimen twice daily in the AM + PM, avoiding the eye area)
Step 1: Cleanser – REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash (AM + PM)
1. Wet skin with lukewarm water.
2. Gently massage evenly over your face for 30-60 seconds.
2. Rinse thoroughly + pat dry.
Step 2: Toner – REVERSE Intensive Brightening Toner
1. Use a cotton pad to swipe over clean, dry face + neck.
2. Do not rinse.
3. Allow to dry before applying treatment.
Step 3am: Moisturize – Brightening Defense Fluid Lotion SPF 50 (AM)
1. Dispense a pea-sized amount of product and apply evenly over face + neck. Reapply every 2-3 hours when exposed to sun and after towel drying, swimming or sweating.
Step 3pm: Moisturize – Tone Correcting Treatment (PM)
1. Dispense a pea-sized amount of product and apply evenly over face + neck.
After trying out the products and using the REVERSE line from Rodan + Fields, I feel more confident in my skin and my dark spots have visibly reduced over time. My skin looks brighter and I love using these products. My skin also looks clearer and I can tell after use these products helped brighten my skin tone too. I also enjoyed the smell of the product and getting myself into a consistent routine. It allowed me to gain confidence back when out at the beach, and I felt great just lathering on the SPF with the line. I think it is really key to make sure you apply the SPF daily to help prevent future discoloration (SPF is key). Anytime I didn’t wear sunscreen outside, I noticed the results would take longer, or my hard work of using the consistent routine would delay.
Here is more info and ingredients into each specific product of the REVERSE line I have been using:
Step 1: REVERSEDeep Exfoliating Cleanser ($45): This is a brightening cleanser helps polish the skin and give you a more radiant appearance. It contains exfoliants to help buff and refinish the skin’s surface for a more radiant appearance. Specific ingredients inside this product:
- Glycolic Acid: Exfoliates the dead skin cells
- Lactic Acid: Refines for a brighter complexion
- Jojoba Esters + Polylactic Acid: lifts and clear the skin without any irritation
Step 2: REVERSE Intensive Brightening Toner ($50): This is the toner that is key to put on right after cleaning to brighten the skin. It is a very gentle combination that helps minimize discoloration on the skin for a radiant, luminous complexion. Below are the ingredients in this one.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): helps even skin tone
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Powerful humectant that hydrates and soothes skin
- Licorice Extract: Calms skin to visibly reduce discoloration
Step 3 (AM): REVERSE Brightening Defense Fluid Lotion SPF 50 ($110): Applying SPF consistently throughout the day is key to help prevent reappearance of the skin discoloration like I mentioned earlier. This lightweight lotion protects skin from environmental aggressors and harmful UVA/UVB rays, which can lead to dullness and skin discoloration. Below are the ingredients in this step.
- Patented RF3 Antioxidant Complex: Helps defend skin against environmental triggers that can lead to visible discoloration
- Licorice Extract: Calms skin and delays visible discoloration caused by environmental triggers
Step 3 (PM): REVERSE Tone Correcting Treatment ($40): This is a nighttime complex that is my holy grail. It combines the brightening power of 10% stabilized Vitamin C with the revitalizing strength of proprietary Retinal MD Technology and Kojic Acid into one boosted formula to hep visibly even skin tone and minimize the appearance of dark spots and brown spots.
- 10% Vitamin C Blend: helps with brightening skin tone
- Retinal MD Technology: a proprietary formula that revitalizes skin and helps enhance natural surface cell turn over, helping to reduce the visible signs of aging
- Kojic Acid: Visibly diminishes discoloration to help even skin tone, reduce the look of dark spots and unwanted freckles
For more info on price & availability on the products, feel free to shop them here! The REVERSE Regimen helped me the most, but they have several different regimens to choose from depending what works for you!
*Based on an 8-week and 2-week U.S. clinical and consumer study. Results may vary depending on multiple factors: age, gender, skin type and condition, concomitant products used, health history, location, lifestyle and diet.