We just got back from a long weekend in Disney World for their 50th anniversary and if you were following along on my instagram stories you know it was anything but smooth! Our direct flights from Raleigh/Durham Airport into Orlando on Southwest were canceled after being delayed for 6 hours, and then we scrambled to even find flights the next day. As you know Disney planning takes months to perfect with all the dining reservations and accommodations etc. I did not want to miss another full day of plans, so we luckily found a company to drive us through the night to Orlando. Shout out to Raleigh Taxi services, you made my kids Disney dreams a reality! We arrived at 4am on Saturday morning, and had 3 hours of sleep until our Character breakfast with Mickey. We did make it, two exhausted parents and two excited kids that didn’t even notice. Here is everything I know right now going to Disney World during these crazy world times. PS* I am cohosting a giveaway for a free 3 night stay to Disney + LainSnow swimsuits for an entire family over on instagram! It closes on 10/24, go tag friends!
Where to Stay:
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek:
We have loved staying off Disney property resorts several years now. The Wyndham was in the perfect location to take a quick ride 10 minutes to the park. The resort also offers free shuttle rides for various times. They also have an amazing buffet breakfast on site which made it seamless to eat and hurry the kids to the parks. They have several pools to choose from, including a lazy river and beach front entry for the kids. One of my favorite meals of our trip was at their onsite restaurant Deep Blu Seafood and Grille. You can see all they have to offer on dining here as well. The giveaway I posted is for a free 3 night stay to this hotel + daily breakfast for two. Enter here on this post for instructions!
Tips for Planning a smooth Disney World Trip:
- Sign up on Mouse Watcher app for all the dining reservations you need to make! It will send you an alert the second one becomes available. We were able to get all our desired dining this way.
- Order Magic Bands to link all your hotel reservations, wallet and park tickets to your wrist for easy access.
- Plan your days by the parks, there is no fast pass system in place right now so that might things a little hectic with young kids, but I heard they were releasing a new Disney Genie pass soon to replace it!
- Reserve a stroller for the kids to be dropped off at your hotel for arrival. This was a game changer for us, we used Scooter Bug!
- Order outfits and mickey ears ahead of time on Amazon. You can shop all our outfits here.
- Have some downtown at the hotels for just lounging between parks.
- Pack extra Masks, they are requiring them when waiting in indoor lines and all restaurants walking to tables.